Health Concerns Consultation
£165Add to basket
By paying and scheduling a consultation appointment, you indicate that you understand and agree to the consultation process.
Why Choose This?
Nutritional intervention is a critical part of managing disease. An appropriately formulate diet has been shown to prolong survival time and improve quality of life in dogs with health concerns
The very best diet for dogs with health concerns is one that is formulated for that individual dog. A home-made diet provides flexibility in that the diet can be tweaked as to find the ideal diet to manage the condition long term. That sort of dietary flexibility is not possible with a commercially produced dog food.
Information We Need
Prior to the consultation we will ask you to complete a diet and health history form. This will provide us with the background information needed before we can begin on your dog’s diet. Please complete and return this form to us within one week.
If you do not receive a confirmation message within a few minutes of booking a consultation, please check your spam or junk folder as it may have found it’s way there instead of your inbox.
We may ask your veterinarian to provide information such as recent blood work and other relevant medical records. We are always happy to consult directly with your vet if necessary.
- To assess the best food options for your dog we start with a thorough evaluation of your dogs’ current health and medical history. Your dog’s, age, breed predisposition, weight and activity level
- The next step is calculating of your dog’s nutritional requirements, as set by the National Research Council’s Nutrient Requirements of Dogs (2006).
- We then formulate a bespoke home-prepared diet that best manages your dog’s health condition(s), meets all your dog’s nutritional needs, food preferences and food aversions.
- The diet will be written as a weekly batch for you to prepare ahead of time. It will include very precise amounts of specific ingredients and added sources of vitamins, minerals and essential fatty acids (EFAs).
- You will also receive a full nutritional break down of the diet, general dietary guidelines and supplementation instructions together with links to superior quality, tested supplements.
- The consultation includes two months follow-up to ensure the diet plan is in keeping with your dogs condition(s). Please note that complex cases may need more time and additional hours will be based upon hourly rates.